2 cups Timbaktu Organic Pearl Millet Flour
1 tsp sesame seeds/til ( white)
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp green chilli paste
4-6 tbsp sour curds or 2 ½ tsp lemon juice
2 tsp sugar (optional)
3 tbsp Timbaktu Organic Peanut Oil
¼ cup water (use as required)
Salt to taste
Oil to deep fry.
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Knead to a soft dough.
2. Divide into 50 equal portions.
3. Shape each portion into a flat smooth round.
4. Press the centre lightly with a thumb. Keep aside.
5. Heat the oil in pan on a high flame. Lower the flame when hot.
6. Deep fry the vadas till dark golden brown in colour.
They should be well cooked from inside.
Remove from the oil and drain well on absorbent paper.
Cool and store in an airtight container.
(Original Recipe Courtesy “Dadimano Varso”)